There are over 300 content management platforms that can be used today to build a corporate intranet. SharePoint has captured over 80% of the market by combining the best feature set with a user interface that supports adoption with a minimum of training.
However, SharePoint's enormous potential comes with a significant amount of risk. Most organizations deploy SharePoint with a minimum of planning and training and then allow it to grow organically. This is a recipe for disaster.
JFD understands that in order to achieve the enormous potential of SharePoint, a specific multi-step process must be followed. One that results in an Architecture that supports the Intranet Goals within the Scope established by the project sponsors.
The services related to successfully implementing this process are described below.
Thinking of expanding, upgrading or migrating your SharePoint environment? Possessing a definitive document of your current Site Collection will save you time and money. JFD Assessments include:
- A detailed blueprint of your current Site Collection
- A security overlay indicating Site permissions
- A review of your Server error logs
- A list of "Best Practices" violations and recommendations
Before making major plans, it's smart to take inventory of your site collection. One client found they had 600 sites that IT was unaware of. If you'd like to know more, schedule a conversation.
Developing a Project Specification & Plan
Most RFP's lack a true Specification of what is required to be built. Often the included Statement Of Work is a 1 page description with vague phrases like "automate several workflows". Unfortunately, this makes the resulting bids worthless. JFD can assist you in developing a true Specification that includes:
- Quantifiable Goal and Scope Statements
- A requirements driven Site Architecture Blueprint
- Wire-frames for Site Templates
- Identification of each Sites functions, lists, libraries and permissions
You wouldn't go out to bid when building a house without a detailed blueprint. Don't do it with your SharePoint Project.
Want to see an example? Just schedule a conversation.
A well designed SharePoint intranet is a vital operational resource for every organization. Whether On-Premise or Online, an intranet can provide:
- Environments for team collaboration
- The ability to organize and retrieve all of the organizations documents
- A secure environment to protect an organization's intellectual property
- Legal records management with retention policies and audits
- Automated document workflows
- Business Intelligence dashboards
... And much much more. JFD has built over 35 SharePoint Intranets for a wide range of clients including Corporations, Utility companies, State Agencies and 2 for Department of Homeland Security projects. Our Portal for Cricket Wireless was Nominated for Best Intranet of the Year. If you need an Intranet we should talk...
Whether your destination is the cloud, or just a new version of SharePoint JFD has the skills and experience to make your move as seamless as possible. Our process to facilitate migration typically includes:
- An assessment of your current environment
- Establishing and blueprinting your desired destination environment
- Reviewing current permissions and establishing destination permissions
- Identifying and addressing legacy functions (workflows\third-party products)
- Removing redundant, outdated and trivial content
- Quantifying and mapping content transfer
- Documenting required user interface features
If you need migrate or upgrade your SharePoint Intranet, we should talk....
Business Intelligence Dashboards
There are Business Intelligence Web Parts and there are system-wide Dashboards that can provide senior management with ALL required KPI's, updating in real time. We have implemented:
- Multi-panel, all department dashboards
- Security trimmed panels
- Connections to all types of legacy systems and datasets
If you would like to see just how valuable a dashboard can be, we should talk...
Project Accelerators - SharePoint Rapid Deployment Modules
Sure, you can work with your steering committee and design a SharePoint environment from "scratch", but there is a better way. The SharePoint platform is so common that many popular "predefined" groups of sites (complete with features) have been developed that are available to be deployed as a unit. The advantages of working with one or more of these "rapid deployment modules" include:
- The most popular features and functions are already built in
- SharePoint's "best practices" are followed
- Thoroughly pretested
- Designs and layouts that support easy user "adoption"
If you would like to see a demonstration simply schedule a conversation.
Public Facing Portals
JFD has been using SharePoint for public facing portals since 2003. With over 50 deployed, we are experts in the common requirements for these sites, including:
- Establishing quantifiable goals
- Architecting the required structure
- Content approval and scheduling
- Connecting form submissions back to your Intranet
If you need a public Facing SharePoint Portal or require an upgrade to an existing one, we can help... just schedule a convenient time for a conversation.